Monday, February 16, 2009

LOVE is in the air

Chocolate

I have never met anyone who doesn't like chocolate. However, dark chocolate is more healthy than milk chocolate. Also, making your own cakes can be a healthier option as well. I suggest using apple sauce in place for oil, and honey in place of sugar. Wheat flour is also an option instead of enriched white flour. Remember, healthy choices especially around holidays.

Loving YOUR body

Let's face it. We all come in different shapes and sizes. Give your body what it needs to be healthy, but don't focus on the scale. Focus on how you feel, and how your clothes feel on you. So, I suggest taking measurements with a seamstress measuring tape (if you have one). Jot down the measurements in your binder. When you measure, make sure the tape does not compress the skin at all, this could lead to a inch off the actual measurement. A firm fit, where the tape is flush with your skin and not draping is what you are looking for. Here is what you should measure:

Chest: Across nipple line, and between shoulder blades. Tip: you can keep your bra on and measure around the top of the band in back around to the front.

Waist: About an inch above the navel, this is the slender-most part of our torso.

Hips: This area is about 4" down from your hip bone, and includes the most pronounced region of your behind.

Thighs: Just under the curve of your derrier, behind, bottom, whatever you want to call the junk in the trunk :)

Arms: 4" up from the elbow, in the bicep region. Do not flex :) when taking measurement.

Take measurments once a week, and record in binder. You can be creative: make a spreadsheet that you can track your progress. Or a simple chart that you fill in each week.

3 comments:

  1. I lost 1 pound this last week. My goal is to loose a pound a week for the next ten weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to get my binder and start doing this! Seriously...I'm getting it right now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Jeanette. Here are my results. I'm aware that everyone else in the blogging world will be able to see these as well!

    Chest- 32
    Waist- 30
    Hips- 38 (Yowsers!)
    Thighs- 23
    Arms- 10 1/2

    What do you think of my results? I'm sure there's room for improvement! See you Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

Background