Sunday, February 1, 2009

Planning IS everything

To be successful, to see a goal attained, you must first have a plan. So, this week write down what it is your wish to attain in your health. Don't just think about it. Write it down. Commit yourself to it. Then, take steps to keeping you focused on the goal. For this first week, this entails putting together a "healthier me" binder and a weekly calendar.

THE BINDER
This will be your central resource where you will keep your weekly calendars, articles of interest, charts and graphs and other pieces of information to track your progress. Keep it where you will have constant access and a reminder to utilize it. I keep mine in my night stand, where I can access it nightly or when I wake up each day.

WEEKLY CALENDAR
Create a calendar with your typical day-to-day activities, appointments, etc. Then, in red, circle areas where you can take time for yourself. Maybe you can get up at 5:30 and go for a walk/jog. Maybe you can't :). After the spouse gets home, you might have time for a 30-min salsa dancing video. ooo-la-la. Once you identify these areas, commit to two areas in your schedule this week where you will exercise.

Also on the calendar, identify times that you will eat, in blue. Write on your calendar exactly what you will eat, and don't stray from it. Do not revert back to unhealthy snacking habits. I recommend small, healthy meals 5 times per day. This is about every 2 1/2 to 3 hours. If you would like the mid-morning and mid-afternoon times to be more of a snack that is fine as well. Studies do show that eating more at breakfast and lunch with a smaller dinner is better for your health.

That's it for this week! Let me know if you would like me to assist you in your quest. I am more than willing to be a mentor, and someone that you can be accountable to. Just leave a comment on this post, or email me at jeanettemasters@hotmail.com.

4 comments:

  1. I am now that you reminded me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Spread the word if you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jeanette! I just found this....and I will follow it! Thanks! Also, can I get any fliers you gave out at your Saturday Social? I was not able to come because of sick baby in the hospital.....can you send and handouts my way?I need some extra help getting this weight off....it's not coming off as easily as the last three! Ah!

    ReplyDelete

Background